Electrical Systems and Board Designer
BANC3 is seeking an electrical / computer engineer to work in a dynamic, small team environment in support of design, development and production of electrical systems and boards for us in RF systems and digital receiver projects. Responsibilities include working with vendors to layout and manufacture boards, ensuring that the boards meet designed specifications. Excellent communications skills are needed to maximize performance in the small team setting. Candidate should be able to work independently and interact effectively with other team members involved in complementary technical disciplines (mechanical engineering, RF engineering, software engineering).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of electrical design experience
- Schematic capture experience with Orcad Capture
- Experience creating schematic symbols and maintain CIS/CIP database.
- Experience using simulation tools such as LTSpice
- Experience with designing complex embedded systems i.e. ARM Processors, High Performance FPGAs from (Intel / Xilinx)
- Proficiency using digital communication interfaces: SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, JESD204B, Serial Lite (Intel) / Aurora (Xilinx)
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting circuits and performing SMT rework.
- Ability to use lab equipment including oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, spectrum analyzers.
- Familiar with version control software such as GIT or SVN.
- Experience with mixed signal multi-layer high speed design and layout.
- Able to provide detailed guidelines and constraints for layout, including post routing analysis.
- Able to prototype designs in the lab using evaluation boards to demonstrate functionality.
- Able to provide power consumption and thermal numbers for analysis.
- Familiarity with OpenVPX architecture
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 15+ years of experience designing hardware from concept through production.
- Analog and digital circuit design up to 5 GHz
- Experience in design electronic in extreme environments (MIL-STD-461)
- Experience with OpenVPX design
- Experience routing PCB designs
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Knowledge of embedded processors, and SOC development for FPGA devices
- Experience with FPGA simulation (Modelsim / Questa) to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly Tools
- Orcad Capture (CIS/CIP)
- Orcad Sigrity
Location: On site in Princeton, NJ
Job Type: Full-time