Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of FPGA design experience
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Knowledge of embedded processors, and SOC development for FPGA devices
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis and Timing closure)
- Ability to estimate FPGA resource requirements
- Experience with interfaces, communication protocols and bus standards such as: USB, AXI, I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, GigE
- Experience with FPGA simulation (Modelsim / Questa) to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Familiar with embedded logic analyzer (Signaltap / ChipScope)
- Experience designing with memory map and register-read/write across interfaces
- Able to take Matlab simulations and implement the design to run in the FPGA.
- Familiar with version control software such as GIT or SVN.
- Experience with High Performance FPGAs from Intel (Stratix 10 / Agilex) or Xilinx (Virtex)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 15+ years of experience designing hardware from concept through production.
- Familiarity with JESD204B, Serial Lite / Aurora IP, DDR4 Memory
- Basic Linux Skills
- Familiarity with TCL / Python
- Experience with Matlab and DSPBuilder Tools
- Intel Quartus / Xilinx Vivado